Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Greek Corner

Ok The Greek Corner on University is WONDERFUL. I haven't tried any other Greek places on the island come to think if it but I've heard a few things, mainly about The Fat Greek (that the portions were small, not amazingly tasty, and pretty over priced.) BUT we're not talking about them, the Corner, on the other hand, is really good!

Every time I go, I get the Fish of the day plate, which is pretty much always mahi mahi. The fish is marinated in something heavenly and grilled, then paired with a rice pilaf type thing, with a large salad and a good amount of pita bread on the side. The portion is more than enough and reasonably priced at $12. I usually get the hummus appetizer with extra pita bread, and I have to say that it is hands down the best hummus I have ever had (and that's saying a lot, considering my parents were [are?] hippies.) Their thick cut french fries are yummy too, and REALLY hot when they come out, obviously I haven't learned from my mistakes, because I can't seem to wait long enough for them to cool off ever. And for dessert, the Baklava is amazing too! (and sometimes, if you're nice enough to the wait staff, you'll get it for free!)

The staff are mostly college girls, in fact, I don't think I've seen a male working in the front before. They are all very sweet and the kitchen works pretty fast, the only thing I'd say that gets a little annoying is the constant "are you ok?"s and "how is everything?"s, but really, thats not enough to qualify as a complaint against them. Sorry no photos for now, I've always been too focused on consuming everything to take out my camera, maybe next time I'll remember.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment