Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Anniversary Dinner at Paesano's, Manoa

I've often passed by Paesano's and said to myself "I'll have to eat there...sometime." That's right, it's a "sometime" place. You know the kind, where you can only hope that the next time there is a special occasion, someone might surprise you by taking you here. In this case it was my 6 year anniversary with my boyfriend (awwww) and we magically acquired a $50 gift certificate.

I almost expected the staff to be a snobby bunch, but they were really quite nice, it might have had something to do with the lack of rush on a Tuesday evening. The bread they brought out was warm soft and delicious (in fact, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.) For a starter we ordered the Bruschetta. I wasn't impressed. It was too sweet, and the onions overpowered. You know when there is too much onions, it's almost painful to finish? That was the case, and the wonderful delicious bread became sad, soggy bread. But fear not, the rest of the meal was certainly up to par.(Sorry about the photo quality, the lighting was poor and, honestly, I was more concerned with eating than photographing.)

I ordered the Chicken Rollatini- ricotta and spinach, rolled in a breaded chicken breast topped with prosciutto and a little melted cheese. YUM. I chose the red roasted potatoes (out of my 3 options of potatoes, vegetables or pasta.) My boyfriend got the Veal Piccata which surprised me because he never orders veal on account of "It's never as good as my moms." I think he didn't regret it, seeing as it was gone shortly. We also shared your typical cheese ravioli with red meat sauce. The portions were very large, which meant lunch the next day! I also saw that they have a small amount of deli foods available, but I can't seem to remember what these consisted of.

All in all it was a good meal, on the expensive side, but a good "special occasion" type of place.

Their website is a little hard to find but I did! Here is a link, just for you: http://www.paesanohawaii.com/home

No comments:

Post a Comment