Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

KCC's Farmers Market

After little debate this morning my boyfriend and I decided, since we were headed in that direction anyways, to stop by the KCC farmers market. Every time I go back, I seem to forget how delicious (and expensive) everything is. As much as I wanted to buy everything there, I had to restrain myself to a $20 limit.

I started with the $6 slice of Pesto Pizza. For 6 bucks you'd expect a larger slice, but it was just too delicious to complain much beyond that. Of course, sharing with my boyfriend meant that it ended much too soon.
Next, we made our way to the breakfast plate lunches. We got the Char siu fried rice plate with spam and scrambled eggs. There were so many choices, it was hard to choose. Kim chee fried rice, Char siu fried rice, spam, portuguese sausage, smoked sausage links, scrambled eggs or french toast. Each plate was $7, reasonable, considering the amount you get.




Now we get to the bad stuff (GREAT stuff, that bad stuff) One of the stands had amazing options when it comes to fried goodies. Their Lumpia menu was the most extensive I've ever seen. Garlic shrimp, vegetable, chicken and when I noticed the salmon and cream cheese one, I stopped paying attention (but there must have been at least 5 other kinds.) Another thing we purchased at the stall was some delicious beignet- little french donuts sprinkled with powdered sugar and dipped in tart lilikoi sauce. The stall also had fried polenta and risotto, that I was not lucky enough to try. It's cruel how they tempt us.



We topped our massive brunch off with a tart lemonade. And sat on the grassy hill in the shade, astounded by what we had accomplished, and not at all ready to do anything but take a quick nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment